What is Elementor?
Elementor is a free and powerful page builder plugin for WordPress used by over 5m+ users around the world. It allows you to create professional-looking websites, landing pages, custom pages, and posts with its drag and drop builder.
It is extremely user-friendly and easy to use, making it a great choice for those who are new to web development. With Elementor, you can create custom pages and posts, as well as edit existing ones, with no coding required.
There is a wide range of features available with Elementor, including templates, sections, multiple breakpoints for mobile responsiveness, widgets, and a wide range of customization options.
You can also use Elementor with WooCommerce to create custom product page templates and checkout pages.
What is Elementor Pro?
Elementor pro is a paid upgrade to the free Elementor page builder. With Elementor pro, you can access a wide range of features and options that make web development faster and easier than ever before.
Key Elementor Pro Features:
- Header and Footer Builder
- Dynamic Single Post
- ACF Integration
- Pop Up Forms
- Custom Fonts
For a complete list of the differences between free and Elementor Pro, head over to this link. Pro plan starts at $59/year for 1 website.
What is an Elementor Addon?
An Elementor Addon is a plugin that extends the functionality of the Free Elementor Page Builder.
Elementor Add-ons can be used together with Elementor Pro or as an alternative to add new widgets and unique global features that are not available to the Elementor interface.
Elementor Add-ons are developed by third-party developers and are not affiliated with Elementor. As a WordPress developer, I find it useful to use Elementor Pro and at least pick 1 or 2 elementoraddon plugins if you are after a specific feature that is not available on the Pro Elementor or on the other elementor pack that you have installed.
You can also disable widgets that are overlapping to reduce bloat on your website, which affects loading speed. Click here to learn more about ways to improve your site speed.
What are the Best Elementor Addons
Premium Addons for Elementor
If you’re looking to take your Elementor web development skills to the next level, the Premium Addon for Elementor is a great way to do it. This powerful plugin provides you with a wide range of unique features that are not available even on Elementor Pro and useful widgets that you can use to create truly amazing websites.
With the Premium Addon for Elementor, you’ll have access to advanced features like:
- Magic Scroll – You can apply multiple effects and animate every element on a widget or section and react to mouse scroll.
- Horizontal Scroll – Create a beautiful horizontal scroll to display important features, products, and images on your website that can be customize to your needs be it half slider or half carousel, right to left, left to right or multiple alternating horizontal scrolls at the same time. Check out my detailed tutorial on how to add horizontal scroll widget to WordPress Elementor.
- Image Layers – This is another unique feature by Premium Addons where you can have multiple layers of images on top of one another and have that total control on what you wanted to achieve.
Head on their website to see the complete list of widgets and unique features. Annual and lifetime pricing available.
Click here to read my full unbiased review of Premium Addons for Elementor.
Essential Addons for Elementor
There’s the Essential Addons for Elementor plugin. This plugin is available in free and paid version and currently installed by more than 1m+ users around the world, and it adds a ton of new features and options to Elementor including:
- Interactive Circle
- Advanced Data Table
- Cross-Domain Copy Paste
- Advanced Tool Tip
- Content Protection
- Post Duplicator
- Reading Progress Bar
- WooCommerce Elements – Product Carousel, Product Compare, Product Gallery, Product Grid
- Documentation Elements
- LearnDash Elements
- Social Elements – Facebook Feed, Instagram Feed, Twitter Feed
- Form Styler Elements – Contact Form 7, WPForms, MailChimp, Gravity Forms, Fluent Form, WeForms, Caldera Forms, TypeForm
- One Page Navigation
- Image Hotspots
- Many more
If you’re looking to really take your Elementor development skills to the next level, this plugin is a must-have.
Ultimate Addons for Elementor
This plugin adds even more features and options to Elementor and can be used as an alternative to Elementor Pro. It comes with a library of pre-built templates and modules, parallax scrolling, and even support for WooCommerce. If you want to really supercharge your Elementor website, this plugin is definitely worth checking out.
You can also get this plugin for free when you buy the Essential and Growth bundle of WP Astra which costs $137/year and $187/year respectively or at one time payment of $677 and $937.
How to choose the best Elementor addons
If you’re using the Elementor page builder, you know how important it is to have high-quality addons that extend the functionality of the builder. Let’s face the truth that there are features or widgets that are unique to one another, while there are widgets that overlap to one another and these can be easily disabled with a toggle button to reduce code bloat which affects your website performance.
So even with so many options on the market, it is not recommended to activate 3 or more Elementor addons as it will really slow down your website.
Here are a few tips on how to choose the best Elementor addons:
- Look for Elementor Addons that are developed by reputable companies or individuals. This will ensure that the addon is well-supported and regularly updated. You can check if they have Facebook Groups or active community where you can check before buying the plugin.
- Make sure the addon is compatible with your version of Elementor and does not overlap with your existing addons. It’s just a waste of money to buy multiple addons with 90% overlapping features.
- Read reviews of the addon before purchasing. This will give you an idea of what other users think of the addon and whether it is worth the price. Again check review sites, Facebook groups, Elementor targeted Facebook Groups, or simple check it on Stackoverflow or Reddit.
- Try out the free version of the addon before buying the premium version. This will allow you to see if the addon is a good fit for your needs. There are companies where in you can request for a free trial of their pro version by asking through their support channels like live chat, ticketing system etc., while others don’t have but you can refund after x days if it doesn’t fit your needs.
- Ask for help from the Elementor community if you’re having trouble finding good addons. There are many knowledgeable users who have encountered what you are trying to achieved and can help you find what you’re looking for instead of you scouring the internet looking for possible solutions.
Get the most out of Elementor by adding the best elementor addons to your website.