TomTom XL 330 has just released a couple days ago in IFA – Berlin. This little techie gadget can sit in your car with you to make sure you can get to the place where you will go without looking on a map. You just need to input the exact location where you want to go, and it will take you there. Its specified by 4.3″ Full TFT touchscreen color LCD with 480 x 272 px, High sensitivity GPS chipset, 1GB flash memory and pre loaded USA and Canada maps by TeleAtlas. It also supported with turn by turn spoken instruction and TomTom Map Share technology. TomTom XL 330 now sell around $229.99.
TomTom allows you to choose your destinations in several ways:
- “Home” – You program in your home address and you navigate there at the touch of a button
- Favorites of yours that you save for easy access
- A Street Address
- A recent destination
- A Point of Interest (POI)
- Point on a Map – browse on the map and pick out where you want to go.
- Latitude and Longitude – yea, go ahead and laugh, you’ll be thankful you have this someday. I use this method a few times a year, and am glad GPS makers see fit to add this option.
- Position of Last Stop – helpful when you shut the unit off, park the car and then take the unit with you. You can turn it on and navigate back to where you parked.