Pulse Smartpen is a new techie gadget designed by Lightscribe to suits the needs of people with the help of its awesome features. One of the unique features of smartpen is the ability to convert written text into digital format, aside from that the pen can also record sound and synchronize it to the writing. Really cool isn’t? That’s the power of Technology.
Smartpen has a tiny infrared camera on its tip, and everything is recorded on 1gb of inbuilt memory. Higher quality audio recording can be done with a 3D recording headset that both records and plays sound. Each earbud contains a microphone that records audio separately, perfect for far-field recording and noisy environments. It needs special paper to write on, but the cost is similar to the cost of regular paper. Notes can later be transferred to a PC and also uploaded online, there is a dedicated account with 250mb of free storage for every registered user. Files can be shared between users, which can be very useful for students exchanging lecture notes. Hmmm,sounds neat.
Here are some additional Pulse Smartpen features from www.livescribe.com.
* Smartpen Technology – The Pulse smartpen is a sophisticated mobile computer that includes: a high speed infrared camera with a Dot Positioning System (DPS); rechargeable lithium battery; high contrast display for easy indoor/outdoor viewing; dual microphones for clear recording and noise cancellation; an embedded speaker and an audio jack for Livescribe’s 3D Recording Headset.
* Dot Paper Notebook – The nearly-invisible micro dots printed on notebook pages tell the Pulse smartpen exactly where a user is writing or tapping. The Dot Positioning System enables not only printed controls for recording and playback on each page, but also paper-based applications including a full-function calculator on the inside front cover of every notebook. Additional notebooks will be available for purchase at prices comparable to ordinary paper notebooks. Users can also print dot paper for free on qualified laser jet printers beginning in April.
* 3D Recording Headset – Livescribe has created a revolutionary 3D Recording Headset. Each earbud has an embedded microphone that creates a new standard in recording quality in large rooms or noisy environments.
* USB Mobile Charging Cradle – This light weight magnetic cradle connects the Pulse smartpen to the PC to recharge, transfer digital ink and audio, and install new applications.
* Livescribe Desktop Software – The digital hub for notes and audio, Livescribe Desktop allows users to store, replay, and search for words within their handwritten notes on their PC.
* Livescribe Online Community – Every registered Pulse user receives 250MB of online storage to upload and share notes and audio as interactive Flash movies or PDF files. Users can choose to share with the Livescribe community, selected contacts, or other sites like Facebook. Text and audio transcription services will also be available online.
* Additional Applications – Users can customize their Pulse with additional applications – ranging from language learning to productivity tools to games – via download from www.livescribe.com.