Maingear has rolled out its latest notebook which they claimed as the world’s most powerful gaming notebook, the Maingear eX-L 18. This 18.4″ system features a Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme processor, twin NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M GPUs, up to 8GB DDR3 memory, and a 1920 x 1080 pixel display and optional Blu-ray. It also offers up to three 2.5-in. SATA or SSD drives configurable in RAID formations, and provides eSATA, HDMI, USB 2.0 and FireWire, as well as a 3-megapixel video camera and full-size keyboard with numpad and programmable gaming buttons.
The Maingear EX-L 18 is the first notebook to ever use Intel mobile quad-core CPUs. The Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad-Core CPU delivers the power you need to perform demanding tasks like video editing, 3D animation, and hardcore gaming. Initial price starts at a whopping $2,999 and increases per upgraded parts.
Maingear eX-L 18 Max Specifications:
- Dual 1GB (2GB Total) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280m in SLI
- 18.4-Inch 1920 x 1080 LCD (1080P FullHD)
- Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor X9300 (2.53GHz x 4) 45w
- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
- 1 Intel X25-M 80GB Solid-State Drive
- 2 Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache (SATA II)
- RAID 1 – Data Redundancy and Protection (requires 2 or 4 HDDs)
- Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc Burner (BD-ROM, DVD-RW, CD-RW)
- Integrated Gigabit Network Card
- Intel PRO/Wireless 5300AGN
- Internal Bluetooth
- Internal High-Definition Audio with Surround Sound
- Blue Illuminated Keyboard with Numeric Pad